Mar 20, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday: Spring Reads

Top Ten Tuesday
Top Ten Tuesday is a weakly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.  They love lists as much as I do, so it's only fair to tip my hat.
Ah spring...I'm not going to lie to you, I don't like it.  It's my least favorite season.  In fact, March is my least favorite month of the year.  I get allergies, it rains a lot (and I hate cold rain), it's just generally crappy.  Sooooo, as a result my top books of my spring to-read list have nothing to do with the season.  I might pick winter reads, or summer reads, but my spring reads remain these books that I'm just plain excited to get to.  So with no futher ado, here are the top 10 books I'm most excited to read this spring (clicky for GoodReads):

10) Witch's Brew - Heidi R. Kling: I picked up this book a while ago, but haven't gotten to it yet.  It seems kind choose your own adventury, and I'm excited to check it out.
9) How to Flirt With a Naked Werewolf - Molly Harper: Dipping my toes into adult paranormal romance.  I'm wary, but I hear Molly Harper is really snarky and funny, so I'm excited.
8) Howl's Moving Castle - Diana Wynne Jones: I've wanted to read this one for ages, and for some reason never have.  I'm making a point of it this spring.
7) The Iron Knight - Julia Kagawa: Okay, so, I still have only read the first in this series, but I am really looking forward to getting through the rest of it before summer!
6) Railsea - China Mieville: Futuristic Moby Dick retelling with railways and giant moles?  Um...yes please!
5) Magic Strikes - Ilona Andrews: I've read and enjoyed the first two installments of Kate Daniels's story, and everyone says Magic Strikes is where it gets really good, so of course I'm excited to go there!
4) Shadows on the Moon - Zoe Marriot: I'm really excited for this Cinderella retelling with a Japanese twist.  Though I will say this is a case of US cover sucking while the UK cover is gorgeous.
3) A Conspiracy of Kings - Megan Whalen Turner: I've loved the first three parts of this series, and have been putting off reading the fourth one with the knowledge that it'll be a looooong time before there's a new one.
2) Scarlet - A.C. Gaughen:  One of my most anticipated reads of the year!  I finally picked up a copy last week, and am positively giddy about finally reading it.
1) Code Name Verity - Elizabeth Wein: I have heard nothing but wonderful, beautiful, next-to-perfect things about this book, and I am so ready to carve out some time to finally read it.  I also like the UK cover of this one better, but I like the US cover as well.

11 comments:

  1. I agree with you I've been dying to read Scarlett. Great picks!

    My TT/Top Ten Tuesday post is here

    Happy Reading!

    ~Danica Page
    Taking It One Page at a Time

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot to add The Iron King! I've heard such great things about this series, and can't wait to start! Great list! Have fun reading!

    - Jana @ That Artsy Reader Girl (And The Broke and the Bookish). Visit my Top Ten Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww I love spring. For me anything beats winter! Hope you enjoy some really great books though since it's not your favorite season :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have also heard crazy amazing reviews of Code Name Verity so I am probably going to have to add that! So excited for Scarlet, I might have to buy it..apparently no CT libraries want to own it! :[

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahh, someone else with Scarlet on their list! I'm so excited for it, but I just can't quite afford it right now!

    On another note, I really hope you enjoy Howl's Moving Castle, it's a really, really gorgeous book, and very different from the Japanese movie if you've seen that!

    Great list!

    Tara @ Hey, Tara

    ReplyDelete
  6. Agreed- these all look great. I really want to read 'Howl's Moving Castle'- the film was brilliant so I would expect great things from the book!

    Happy reading! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooo Ilona Andrews :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your list is AWESOME. There are so many seriously amazing (or at least books that SOUND amazing) coming out this spring, and I'm SO EXCITED to read Code Name Verity. Haven't heard ONE bad thing about it.
    Witch's Brew and Scarlet are both VERY good. Doing the choose-your-own-path thing with a book like Witch's Brew was so fun. I liked one path a little better than the other, but it was all good. Scarlet was super enjoyable too!
    And good call with Howl's Moving Castle! I have that book in one of my piles and can't wait to read it! Good thing we all have soooo much time to read all this great stuff! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hate March too! I thought I was the only one. I don't really have a reason though, I just don't like it...
    I've been hearing good things about Code Name Verity, but I still don't really know what it's about. Maybe I'll just wait for your review. :P

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts, I love to hear them!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...