May 24, 2012

Thank you for giving a bump to my slump!

To all of you who commiserated with me and cheered me through my whining about YA reads:

Fez That 70s Show gif

Special thanks to Asher, Ivan, Tatiana, Alyssa, Kyle, April, Angie, Maja, Vickie, Ashley, Anna, Catie, Short Latte, Gina, Flannery, and Holly!

You all helped cheer me up, brightened my day, and inspired me to go out and read.  I have determined that the first order of business in shaking the YA slump will be to read my copy of Daughter of the Forest, as there seems to be a general consensus that I will love it and it will solve all of my problems (well, maybe not all of them…it probably won’t get me a full time dream job).  Next up, I plan to give This Is Not a Test, and Seraphina a go.  I’ve heard great things about both of them, and am hoping they’ll make the cut.  Though I also have Dead Reckoning and The Return Man at the moment, which means it’s going to be a Very Zombie June for me (and yes, I am now inspired to make A Very Zombie June logo out of the A Very Brady Christmas cover).

book cover of Daughter of the Forest by Juliet Marillierbook cover of This Is Not a Test by Courtney Summersbook cover of Seraphina by Rachel Hartman

Anyway, I’ll be sprinkling these three in with some other adult and middle grade reads as I get back into the flow of things.  With three gorgeous (and eerie) covers, of which I approve, how could I go wrong?  I’ll also be trying any number of other books recommended, like Gary D. Schmidt, Unspoken, The Curiosities!

Go forth and read!

19 comments:

  1. You're gonna like your choices. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, if reading could get you a full-time dream job, I'd have two to choose from. Oh, wait, I already have a dream job. :)
    I'm glad you decided to work through it. I haven't read any of those books, but I've had the intention to read Courtney Summers for a while now, and I hope to get to it soon.
    Good luck with Marillier, I hope everyone was right!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I'm glad someone has their dream job! =)

      I do like my current part-time job, but considering it's not even in my field, I'd be much happier elsewhere. I hope everyone was right as well! I'm hoping to get through This Is Not a Test before BEA...or at least I can read it on the commute.

      Delete
  3. Yay I'm glad you feel a bit better now! An I can't wait to hear what you think of 'This is Not a Test' as it looks brilliant and creepy and other good things.

    P.S- I got a job as a Librarian at a high school yesterday so I may need to tap into your librarian knowledge in the near future :-P x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, feel free! I'm so insanely jealous, but also very happy for you. I hope you love it! That's pretty much my dream job right there. Unfortunately, here in NY (and many states), you have to have your teaching certification to work in schools, and I do not. Hoping to go back and get it after I work public for a few years and pay off some student loans.

      Delete
  4. YESSSSSSSSSSS!! Also do the readalong with me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I already wrote down the shelving info so I can pick it up at the library tomorrow. YOU WIN. Happy now?!

      Delete
  5. Daughter of the forest <3 If that book can't help you, there is no other book in the world :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I really don't know how it's taken me so long to get there, but I think it's going to swoop in at just the right moment.

      Delete
  6. Yay! Glad to help! And super anxious to see what you think of Daughter of the Forest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so excited for it! I'll update on GoodReads as I go. =)

      Delete
  7. You are totally in for a treat with your choices! <333

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Good to know. I have confidence in all of them, even in my current state.

      Delete
  8. Wahey! I really want to read This Is Not A Test... #SoManyBooksSoLittleTime

    ComaCalm's Corner =^.^=

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I'm pretty excited for that one considering the reactions I've read so far. Sounds totally creepy!

      Delete
  9. Awesome! I like all three of those choices. I think the slump must be contagious because we've all been feeling it lately. I hope you get out of it soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously, it does seem to be a sort of pandemic as of late. I'm sure I'll be good after a few more choicey reads!

      Delete

Share your thoughts, I love to hear them!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...