May 26, 2012

Damn my love of gingers!

Outlander by Diana Gabaldon 20th Anniversary Edition

That’s right folks.  I’ve let myself be peer pressured into joining the Outlander Read-a-long.  Though, if you know me, you probably realize that I don’t give into peer pressure unless it’s something I actually kind of want to do anyway.

I’ve never participated in a read-a-long before.  I don’t like to feel pressured into meeting other people’s paces, particularly since June is crazy busy for me.  But, since these lovely hosts have decided to split the reading up over seven weeks, I think I can handle it!  That’s just 7 chapters to read each week, or, one a day.

As you may know, I’ve been looking for non-YA reads to get me out of a slump, and what better choice than Outlander?  I love so many of the bloggers who are hosting and participating, and I don’t want to feel all left out when they’re all fanning themselves over Jamie Fraser, so clearly I need to get in on this. 

Soooooo….if you too have a love of gingers, Scotland, historical fiction or really big books, you can join us!  Just visit any of the hosting blogs, like Into the Hall of Books to check out the reading schedule and sign up!

Also, you see that CD up there?  It contains songs from Outlander the Musical!  Who knew that was a thing?  Kind of excited to check that out once I’ve read…

10 comments:

  1. Hahaha, this is going to be great. I love Outlander. I'm (mostly) not ashamed to admit it. :) Definitely not YA! Have fun with ginger boys in kilts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, yeah, I'll admit being potentially ashamed has held me back for some time, but so many people seem to love it. I don't think I'll get through the whole series, but at least I'll do the first!

      Delete
  2. Haha I love the title of this post! I've thought about joining, too, but I just finished a different read-a-long (for Dickens' Bleak House) so I'm thinking I may wait and read it on my own time. However, I can't wait to see all the first time readers (including you) think of it - that may convince me to read it sooner!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh man, grats on making it through Bleak House! I can totally understand not diving into Outlander right after that. Hope you check in though, we'll see if I make it through. :P

      Delete
  3. Outlander is such a FUN book! I mean, I won't join because I've read it twice, but if they do a read along for book 2, count me in.

    I hope ya love Outlander!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yeah, I can totally see NOT reading something like this over and over. I have a feeling I will love it though. =)

      Delete
  4. I'm doing this too, and it's my first readalong as well! I found a copy at my library book store for a whopping $1 and am ready to roll:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome! I just checked mine out from the library. I should have maybe waited till closer to starting time, but I don't think renewing twice will be a problem, and I want to get a little ahead if I can since I'm so busy at the start of it.

      Delete
  5. Outlander is a favorite of mine, I really hope you love it! (and you BETTER.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Allison! I'm sure I will, on pain of death. :P

      Delete

Share your thoughts, I love to hear them!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...