May 1, 2012

With Bated Breath: May New Releases

There are TONS of books releasing this month, but I’m going to highlight a few that I’m personally most excited for.  You won’t see certain sequels here, because if I haven’t read the first, I’m not ready to be excited about the second!  There really don’t seem to be as many trailers this month, but both Code Name Verity’s and Struck’s are awesome. 

May 1st

book cover of When You Were Mine by Rebecca Serlebook cover of Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein

When You Were Mine – Rebecca Serle | GoodReads|Amazon
Code Name Verity – Elizabeth Wein | GoodReads|Amazon|My Review

book cover of The Hero's Guide to Saving Your Kingdom by Christopher Healybook cover for Being Friends With Boys by Terra Elan McVoy

The Hero’s Guide to Saving Your Kingdom – Christopher Healy | GoodReads|Amazon
Being Friends With Boys – Terra Elan McVoy | GoodReads|Amazon

May 8th

book cover of Silence by Michelle Sagara Westbook cover of Wentworth Hall by Abby Grahame

Silence – Michelle Sagara West | GoodReads|Amazon
Wentworth Hall – Abby Grahame | GoodReads|Amazon

book cover of Enchanted by Alethea Kontisbook cover of Struck by Jennifer Bosworth

Enchanted – Alethea Kontis | GoodReads|Amazon
Struck – Jennifer Bosworth | GoodReads|Amazon

book cover of In Honor by Jessi Kirbybook cover of Pilgrims Don't Wear Pink by Stephanie Kate Strohm

In Honor – Jessi Kirby | GoodReads|Amazon
Pilgrims Don’t Wear Pink – Stephanie Kate Strohm | GoodReads|Amazon

May 15th


book cover of Gilt by Katherine Longshorebook cover of Railsea by China Mieville

Gilt – Katherine Longshore | GoodReads|Amazon
Railsea – China Mieville | GoodReads|Amazon

May 22nd

book cover of The Prince Who Fell From the Sky by John Claude Bemisbook cover of Nightshifted by Cassie Alexander

The Prince Who Fell From the Sky – John Claude Bemis | GoodReads|Amazon
Nightshifted – Cassie Alexander | GoodReads|Amazon

What releases are you most looking forward to this month? Bonus points for anything other than Insurgent! Though of course, it’s okay to be pumped for it as well, I’m personally just sick of the hype.

9 comments:

  1. I am really looking forward to 'A Hero's Guide to Saving You Kingdom'- looks really fun and magical! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I finished it already and LOVED it! It's one of the best MG books I've read all year. I'll be posting my review for it on Friday. First I have to get my words out!

      Delete
  2. Code Name Verity is simply amazing, I can't rate it any higher. One of my all time favourites! On the other hand, When You Were Mine is on my DNF shelf...

    ComaCalm's Corner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I actually had zero interest in When You Were Mine, but then I read a few very positive reviews that piqued my interest. I want to give it a shot. I completely agree with you on Code Name Verity though! It's wonderful.

      Delete
  3. I really want to read In Honor, too. I haven't heard of that Being Friends with Boys book, but I like the title and the cover.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard really good things about both! I'm personally more excited about Being Friends With Boys...it's one of the contemp reads for 2012 that I've been most excited for!

      Delete
  4. I've read a lot of good reviews of A Hero's Guide to Saving Your Kingdom lately, and I think it's going to be really fun and cute! I'm definitely planning on reading Being Friends with Boys and Wentworth Hall. The title is what drew me to the first one and the comparisons to Downton Abbey got me interested in the latter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I feel like Wentworth Hall is going to get a LOT of reads because of Downton Abbey. What fortuitous timing for them! Hero's Guide is totally cute and fun, I loved it, and really want to pick up a hard copy so I can read it again.

      Delete
  5. I'm so glad you posted the Struck trailer because I wouldn't have seen it otherwise and it's fantastic. Just from your list, I'd have to go with When You Were Mine for what I'm most looking forward to. It's basically impossible to choose, though :P

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts, I love to hear them!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...