Feb 2, 2012

Shorts: Groundhog Day Special - The Tobolowsky Files

Bill Murray and Stephen Tobolowsky in Groundhog Day by Columbia Pictures
Groundhog Day - Columbia Pictures

Let's put it out there: Groundhog Day is my absolute favorite movie of all time.  I watch it every year on February 2nd, and usually at least once or twice in between.  It has such incredible depth, I'm constantly marveling.  And you know what I love almost as much as Groundhog Day?  Mr. Stephen Tobolowsky!

Who the heck is Stephen Tobolowsky?  He's that dude, up there, shaking his fist at Bill Murray.  You may know him as Ned Riarson, or one of the other many many roles he's played as one of the best-known character actors in Hollywood.  But I am here to tell you that Tobo (yes, I lovingly call him the nickname used by his nearest and dearest) is so much more than an actor!  He is one of the greatest story tellers out there.

Stephen Tobolowsky tells his tales via The Tobolowsky Files, which are hosted by /Film and produced by Dave Chensky. This is my absolute favorite podcast, and I am here to shake you awake and make you listen.  Tobo's stories will make you laugh, they will make you cry, and they will give you some interesting insight into life and the movie business.  I've never been a huge fan of memoirs, but when Tobo presents his own over the air, you feel like you're hearing a story from a friend or family member.

There's a fantastic backlog, but in the spirit of the holiday, I recommend starting with the Memories of Groundhog Day Special which was put together for PRX by Dave Chensky.  Let me know what you think of the podcast, or of Groundhog Day itself!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts, I love to hear them!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...