It's an anti-Valentine's Day celebration! Personally, my opinion of Valentine's Day has always wrung out with a resounding 'meh'. Which is convenient being as it's my boyfriend's birthday, which means it totally takes the back seat in importance. So even though I have the best bf in the world who always acknowledges it anyway, I'm thrilled to participate in the anti-Valentine's Day Top Ten Tuesday challenge with the Top Ten Books that Broke My Heart. Sing it Pat!
1) Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - J.K. Rowling: Not only was this the end to my favorite series, some of my favorite characters didn't survive. I was in TEARS for large portions of this book.
2) Bridge to Terebithia - Katherine Paterson: If I need to explain this one, you need to read it.
3) If I Stay - Gayle Forman: Tragic car accident and the decision to live or let go? ROUGH.
4) Where the Red Fern Grows - Wilson Rawls: So in one of my grad courses we had to read Because of Win Dixie. When it was assigned, all of us ask the prof, "Does the dog die?" ,before we'll pick it up. Why? Because we read books like Where the Red Fern Grows growing up.
5) Daughter of Smoke and Bone - Laini Taylor: Mum's the word 'cause this one's too recent for spoilers!
6) Love You Forever - Robert Munsch: I'll push this book into the hands of any new mother, and believe me, they will CRY and LOVE IT before it's through. The fact that a picture book can illicit so much emotion from myself and others is complete win.
7) Arrow's Fall - Mercedes Lackey: One of my all-time favorite series, if you've read it you know why it's here.
8) Little Women - Louisa May Alcott: I STILL cry every time Beth dies. And when Laurie's heart gets trampled, and for Jo who does the trampling even though it's the right thing to do.
9) The Time Traveler's Wife - Audrey Niffenegger: This book is beautiful but heartbreaking with a couple that keep meeting at different points in their lives.
10) Charlotte's Web - E.B. White: Who didn't grow up with this and cry, and go back for more?
Lack of details this week due to spoilers. What books broke your heart?