Jan 8, 2012

In My Mailbox (1)

In My Mailbox banner by The Story Siren
In my mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi over at The Story Siren in which you share the books you added to your collection in the past week...and this is my inaugural post!


This week will actually include books from the past two weeks because last week it was New Years Day and quite frankly I was too busy sitting around eating my Christmas candy bounty and watching my Fantasy Football team fall on their face in their final playoff game.


    book cover of All Men of Genius by Lev A.C. Rosen book cover of The Book of Blood and Shadow by Robin Wasserman book cover of Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein book cover of Darker Still: A Novel of Magic Most Foul by Leanna Renee Hieber book cover of The Emerald Talisman by Brenda Pandos
    Gifted: 
    • All Men of Genius by Lev. A.C. Rosen 
    • Fables: Covers by James Jean
    • Magic Gifts by Ilona Andrews (Christmas present from the author to fans!)
    Borrowed from the Library: 
    • Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close by Jonathan Safran Foer
    • Darker Still: A Novel of Magic Most Foul by Leanna Renee Hieber
    • Every Other Day by Jennifer Lynn Barnes

    book cover of Everneath by Brodi Ashton book cover of Every Other Day by Jennifer Lynn Barnes book cover of Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close by Jonathan Safran Foer book cover of Gil Marsh by A.C.E. Bauer book cover of Hollowland by Amanda Hocking

    For Review (via NetGalley):
    • The Book of Blood and Shadow by Robin Wasserman
    • Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein
    • Everneath by Brodi Ashton
    • Gil Marsh by A.C.E. Bauer
    • The Prince Who Fell From the Sky by John Claude Bemis

    book cover of Jenny Pox by JL Bryan book cover of Jessica's Guide to Dating on the Dark Side by Beth Fantaskey book cover of Marked by Kim Richardson book cover of The Prince Who Fell From the Sky by John Claude Bemis book cover of Magic Gifts by Ilona Andrews

    Bought:  And by "bought" I mean they were FREE this week on Kindle so I snagged them up:
    • The Emerald Talisman by Brenda Pandos
    • Hollowland by Amanda Hocking
    • Jenny Pox by JL Bryan
    • Jessica's Guide to Dating on the Dark Side by Beth Fantaskey
    • Marked by Kim Richardson
    • Indigo Blues by Danielle Joseph
    • Into the Wild by Erin Hunter
    Thanks to Erica at The Book Cellar for the heads up on those!  Still bummed I missed the window on The Cloud Roads.


    Finally because I have been aching for the Fables cover collection for ages (and because it's the only physical book I picked up this week), here's a taste of the gorgeous images you'll find inside:


    book cover of Fables Covers by James Jean

    artwork from Fables Covers by James Jean
    artwork from Fables Covers by James Jean

    11 comments:

    1. Darker Still and Every Other Day both look great! Happy reading.

      ReplyDelete
    2. You got approved for Code Name Verity, I'm jealous! I requested it on NetGalley but they have a note there saying that they're not sending review copies to bloggers. :( I really want to read All Men of Genius. Have fun reading Magic Gifts, I loved that novella and I can't wait to read Gunmetgal Magic.

      ReplyDelete
    3. That IS pretty -- the Fables book I mean. I've been wanting to check that out for pretty much forever.

      ALSO, I totally love the cover of The Prince Who Fell From The Sky, looks like it is right up my alley.

      Way to rock out with the ebooks this week -- I pretty much did the same.

      Happy reading :-D

      ReplyDelete
    4. "Erica said...
      Darker Still and Every Other Day both look great! Happy reading."

      I'm almost done with Every Other Day, and it's awesome! The face that Darker Still is supposed to have elements of Pride and Prejudice and Dorian Grey meant I HAD to read it.

      ReplyDelete
    5. "chachic said...
      You got approved for Code Name Verity, I'm jealous! I requested it on NetGalley but they have a note there saying that they're not sending review copies to bloggers. :( I really want to read All Men of Genius. Have fun reading Magic Gifts, I loved that novella and I can't wait to read Gunmetgal Magic."

      I read that about Disney-Hyperion! I think I was probably approved because I am a librarian, not because I'm a blogger. I actually have to admit I haven't read any Ilona Andrews yet, but after reading several blog posts and the fact that she did this for fans I think she is AWESOME and have the utmost respect for her, and plan to dig in.

      ReplyDelete
    6. "April (BooksandWine) said...
      That IS pretty -- the Fables book I mean. I've been wanting to check that out for pretty much forever.

      ALSO, I totally love the cover of The Prince Who Fell From The Sky, looks like it is right up my alley.

      Way to rock out with the ebooks this week -- I pretty much did the same.

      Happy reading :-D"

      You should check out Fables! Also I'm pretty sure I requested The Prince Who Fell From the Sky 90% because of it's cover, but the synopsis sounded good as well!

      ReplyDelete
    7. Magic Gift is awesome, I love all of their books.'
      Happy reading
      http://kristina-worldofbooks.blogspot.com/2012/01/in-my-mailbox-41.html

      ReplyDelete
    8. Great set! So cool that you got Darker Still. I've heard great things about Everneath too.
      My IMM

      ReplyDelete
    9. Very nice haul. Darker Still was very good. Old follower.

      Grace
      Livre De Amour-Books of Love Blog

      ReplyDelete
    10. I need to buy the Fables covers ASAP. Why didn't I ask Santa for these?!?!

      ReplyDelete
    11. Oh wow great haul! I just finished Everneath and I loved it! I also can't wait to read Book of Blood and Shadow!

      Giselle
      Xpresso Reads

      ReplyDelete

    Share your thoughts, I love to hear them!

    LinkWithin

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...