Jan 24, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday: Characters I am Literarily in Love With

Top Ten Tuesday banner by The Broke and the Bookish
Top Ten Tuesday is a weakly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.  They love lists as much as I do, so it's only fair to tip my hat.
This week’s a freebie!  Which means I get to make a list about whatever the eff I want.  I wanted to do something fun, so I went back through past topics I missed out on and decided on this: Top Ten Fictional Crushes.  So here you are, the top ten characters I am literarily in love with:

Jon Snow pick up lines
10) Mr. Darcy - Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen. Yeah I know ORIGINAL. But hey, things are cliche for a reason.  

9) Tucker Avery - Unearthly series by Cynthia Hand. Maybe this one's just because Unearthly has been my recent drug of choice, but the kid's from my home state, outdoorsy, and a complete and utter gentleman. In his case, I would be happy to save a horse and ride a cowboy.

8) Darkwind - Valdemar: Mage Winds series by Mercedes Lackey. Long hair, good in the wild, hangs out naked in hot springs a lot, incredibly powerful mage powers...need I say more?

7) Kvothe - The Kingkiller Chronicles by Patrick Rothfuss. He knows the mother effing name of the wind. And he's an amazing musician. And a badass. And a bit of a geek for books and research. Hot.

6) Aragorn - Lord of the Rings by J. R. R. Tolkien. One word: rugged.  

5) Dream - Sandman by Neil Gaiman. Sure he's a bit pale and emaciated, and I've never been much for the whole goth thing, but come on. I figure dating the dude who has Death for a big sister can only work out in your favor. Or end very badly. Eurydice says what?

4) Professor Lupin - Harry Potter by J. K. Rowling. Lupin is my fav!!! I know people go for Harry, or Ron, or even Neville but I am ALL for Lupin.  But only if like Tonks never existed, because I LOVE Tonks and would not to that to her.

3) Bigby Wolf - Fables by Bill Willingham. Dude, this man is dedicated to the ones he loves. He shifts freely between rugged human and all out giant wolf with the power of the North Wind, and can wage one-man campaigns like a boss.

2) Jon Snow - A Song of Ice and Fire by George R. R. Martin. Seeing a pattern here? Yeah, I'm into wolves and dudes who are into wolves. Jon the Bastard comes with Ghost the direwolf, he's a warg, Lord Commander, and completely off limits due to some pesky vows. Doesn't every girl want what they can't have?

1) Dirk - Heralds of Valdemar by Mercedes Lackey. Dirk gets the number one spot because I have had a crush on him for longer than any other on this list. Basically since I hit puberty. He's got the best heart, loves truly, would do anything for his family, friends, or country. What can I say? Chivalrous yet gentle gets to me.

Who are your literary crushes?

12 comments:

  1. Are you kiddingggg?!?! Move closer because we need to hang out every day, stare at the clouds and make up our own top 10 lists because we are too alike. Mr Darcy, Aragorn, Lupin, Jon and BIGBY!! LOVE THEM ALL!! Like obsessively to where my boyfriend is uncomfortable and scared. As if I would leave him for a fictional character...(I might leave him for a fictional character) I'm a little sad I didn't pick this for my topic but it might be a little much for me so early in the morning :]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know!! I've actually suggested Connecticut to the bf as somewhere slightly less crowded but still close to his family. I just got 'a look'. Not gonna stop me fantasizing about fictional men though...

      Delete
  2. Dream would definitely be on my list, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! He may me my favorite immortal being ever.

      Delete
  3. Tucker!!!! Normally the cowboy thing is totally not in my description of a hot dude, but man, Tucker Avery is the bomb freaking diggity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously. What can I say? Wrangler butts drive me nuts.

      Delete
  4. Mr. Darcy, totally! Great list & I love your number one pick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I was trying to determine a few weeks ago how much of my love for Colin Firth is based on him actually being an attractive man, and how much is just based on his being Mr. Darcy.

      Delete
  5. I think I prefer Darkwind to Dirk, but there's a pretty good chance that's cause of Vree. (Or something like that? It's been a while.) Jon Snow is definitely my favorite ASoIaF character. And I absolutely love Kvothe :)

    My Top Ten Places NOT to Read a Book

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cannot blame anyone for preferring Darkwind, especially because of Vree! As much as I'd love a bond bird though, Companions are better and I think I might just like Dirk because the whole life-bonded thing is every 12 year old girl's dream.

      Delete
  6. Ahh, obviously Tucker Avery is my favorite choice on this list. :) I have to read Kingkiller Chronicles, it's insane how high the ratings are for that series on GoodReads!

    I love this post, btw--my friend challenge question on GR is actually "who is your favorite crush?" so I especially appreciated this topic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! So much fun, I love that it's your friend challenge question. LOVE Tucker, and he's going to turn 18 before/during the third book, so that makes it legal, right?

      You should read Kingkiller Chronicles, so good, but I'd say maybe hold off till the third one is out. I had to do a reread of Name of the Wind before reading Wise Man's Fear it'd been so long between books.

      Delete

Share your thoughts, I love to hear them!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...