Jan 22, 2012

In My Mailbox (2)

In My Mailbox banner by The Story SirenIn my mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi over at The Story Siren in which you share the books you added to your collection in the past week.


I didn't do IMM last week because I was sick and couldn't be bothered, but it occurs to me now that I have this giant list of books that I really need to make this a weekly segment.  Anyway, here's the 20+ books I've acquired in the past two weeks: 



Kindle Freebies!

Book cover of Blood Will Tell by Samantha Young Book cover of Dangerous Angels by Francesca Lia Block Book cover of Evernight by Claudia Gray
Book cover of Slumber by Samantha Young Book cover of The Unofficial Harry Potter Party Book on Jessica Fox Book cover of The Soulkeepers by G.P. Ching

Blood Will Tell - Samantha Young
Dangerous Angels - Francesca Lia Block...most embarrassing cover of the haul award!
Evernight - Claudia Gray
Slumber - Samantha Young
The Unofficial Harry Potter Party Book - Jessica Fox
The Soulkeepers - G.P. Ching
Thanks to Wendy at The Midnight Garden for the heads up on those!

Prequel Shorts!

book cover of Glitches by Marissa Meyer book cover of Tomorrow is Today by Julie Cross
Glitches - Marissa Meyer...a prequel to Cinder, available FREE for your reading pleasure here.
Tomorrow is Today - Julie Cross...prequel to Tempest available FREE on Kindle here.


Library Haul

Book cover of Cinder by Marissa Meyer Book cover of The Emerald Atlas by John Stephens book cover of Fables: Super Team by Bill Willingham book cover of A Flight of Angels by Rebecca Guay, Holly Black, Bill Willingham, Louise Hawes, Todd Mitchell, Alisa Kwitney


book cover of The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater book cover of If I Stay by Gayle Forman book cover of The Probability of Miracles by Wendy Wunder
Cinder - Marissa Meyer
The Emerald Atlas - John Stephens (audiobook) 
Fables: Super Team - Bill Willingham
A Flight of Angels - Holly Black, Bill Willingham, Louise Hawes, Todd Mitchell, Alisa, Kwitney, Rebecca Guay
The Scorpio Races - Maggie Stiefvater...for the Forever YA Book Club! If you're on Long Island, you should join us!
If I Stay - Gayle Forman
The Probability of Miracles - Wendy Wunder


ARC for review via NetGalley

Book cover of The Age of Miracles by Karen Thompson Walker book cover of How to Make a Golem and Terrify People by Alette J. Willis book cover of Lies Beneath by Anne Greenwood Brown


book cover of Partials by Dan Wells book cover of Tessa Masterson Will Go to Prom by Brendan Halpin and Emily Franklin book cover of This Is Not a Test by Courtney Summers
The Age of Miracles - Karen Thompson Walker...auto approved for librarians!
How to Make a Golem and Terrify People - Alette J. Willis
Lies Beneath - Anne Greenwood Brown
Partials - Dan Wells
Tessa Masterson Will Go to Prom - Brendan Halpin and Emily Franklin
This is Not a Test - Courtney Summers

20 comments:

  1. Great set! If I Stay is incredible. I still need to read Evernight.
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read If I Stay in a single sitting this last week. Incredible is an accurate description, rarely does a book affect me so emotionally.

      Delete
  2. Wow, you got some great freebies and your library must be GREAT! I'm very impressed with your haul :) I hope that you enjoy everything that you picked up this week!

    Here's my IMM!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not gonna lie, my library is probably my absolute favorite thing about living where I do. The county system is fantastic, and ordering inter library loans online is so simple, I'm constantly getting books from all over delivered (for free!) to my local branch. It's very rare that they don't have what I want.

      Delete
  3. Amazing books this week!! I hope you enjoy them :)

    Happy reading and check out my in my mailbox!!
    http://sarahcatchingbooks.blogspot.com/2012/01/in-my-mailbox-28.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. A Flight of Angels has absolutely gorgeous drawings - Enjoy all your books :) I adored Cinder.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was totally entranced by A Flight of Angels. One of the most visually beautiful books I've ever read. I adored Cinder too! I blew through it yesterday, was really taken with it and I cannot wait for the next one.

      Delete
  5. Slumber looks really great :)

    http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2012/01/in-my-mailbox_22.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of all the freebies I've picked up, I'm most excited for Slumber!

      Delete
  6. So jealous you got This is not a Test. It sounds so good and I love Courtney Summers. Hope you enjoy it!
    Happy Reading!
    Em
    My IMM post
    A Beautiful Madness

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so excited for This is Not a Test! Definitely the galley I was most excited for this week.

      Delete
  7. So many good ones! I haven't seen a lot for about Tessa Masterson, but it looks good :] So does Partials, This Is Not a Test, Cinder, and yeah, I could go on and on :P The Emerald Atlas is in my library haul this week too. Great minds ;]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw that! Great minds indeed. Hoping to listen to a few parts of Emerald Atlas tomorrow, and I'll probably be reading Partials very soon.

      Delete
  8. Oh wow you had a fantastic haul! I can't wait to read Cinder I'm amazed by all the rave it's gotten!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just wrote my own rave for it today! Though it won't be posted for a couple of weeks yet. I loved it though.

      Delete
  9. New follower! Awesome haul - especially the library books! If I Stay is amazing, and my daughter loved The Emerald Atlas! Here is my IMM if you'd like to follow back: http://theonceandfuturelibrarian.blogspot.com/2012/01/in-my-mailbox-4.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed, If I Stay was amazing. I've been meaning to write up my review of it for days now and just can't find the words to talk about the impact it had. Love the blog name. =)

      Delete
  10. Do you know I just added Blood Will Tell and Slumber to my TBR pile and can't get them because they are only available through Amazon and I have a Nook?! Little annoyed, poor planning if I do say so myself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bwahaha! Sorry, that sucks! Do you guys have a tablet or anything? You could always download the Kindle app and read them through that.

      Delete

Share your thoughts, I love to hear them!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...