Jan 10, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday: Authors I Wish Would Write Another Book

Top Ten Tuesday banner by The Broke and the Bookish
Top Ten Tuesday is a weakly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.  They love lists as much as I do, so it's only fair to tip my hat.

This week's topic is a great one--who do you wish you could get just one (or ten) more book from? My list is comprised mostly of passed authors I heart with a smattering of debut authors I loved from whom I am waiting to hear about sophomore books!  Many of them you will know, if not, check them out. I've added portraits of from the authors' GoodReads pages, along with my fav book by each. In no particular order:

author Lev A.C. Rosen
Lev A.C. Rosen - Debut: All Men of Genius

author Jane Austen
Jane Austen - Favorite: Pride and Prejudice/Emma

author Oscar Wilde
Oscar Wilde - Favorite: The Importance of Being Earnest

author Erin Morgenstern
Erin Morgenstern - Debut: The Night Circus

author Roald Dahl
Roald Dahl - Favorite: Matilda

author Charles Dickons
Charles Dickens - Favorite: Great Expectations

author Anna Sheehan
Anna Sheehan - Debut: A Long, Long Sleep

author Douglas Adams
Douglas Adams - Favorite: Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
author Mark Twain
Mark Twain - Favorite: A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court

author William Shakespeare
William Shakespeare - Favorite: Twelfth Night/Hamlet



7 comments:

  1. I've heard there is another Anna Sheehan book in the works, a sequel to A Long, Long Sleep!

    Also, have you seen the Dahl/Blake stamps coming out tomorrow? http://www.guardian.co.uk/childrens-books-site/2012/jan/09/roald-dahl-stamps-classic-childrens-author

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Wendy Darling

    I hadn't heard that about Anna Sheehan...yay! A Long, Long Sleep was one of my absolute favorite books to come out of 2011, and I would love a sequel.

    Also I hadn't seen those stamps, but they are awesome! I've never been a stamp collector, but these are tempting just to own.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome list - you reminded me of so many great authors like Wilde and Austen (love, love, love).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, Mark Twain. And Oscar Wilde. Hope they are busy writing away in Book Heaven.

    Here is my Top Ten Authors I Wish Would Write Another Book. I hope you will stop by!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, Roald Dahl. I have Sophie Dahl on my list, but Roald Dahl def. should be on it too. Can't believe I forgot about him. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Agreed on several of these, especially Charles Dickens. I've read "The Mystery of Edwin Drood", a book he'd only half-completed when he died. I wish he were alive to finish the story!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I so agree about Jane Austen -that would be great.

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts, I love to hear them!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...